Saturday, September 24, 2011

"1st grade is wwwwwaaaaayyyy better than Kindergarten"

We have a beautiful, kind, sweet, full of charisma, and loving 1st grader in our house. Kindergarten was hard for me. Emotional in so many ways. A moment in time when the reality of your babies growing older is right in front of you and you cant do nothin' about it! Well, 1st grade was a tad harder and I was blind-sided by it. I should have been prepared...wait, I was prepared. Yet, it was hard... real hard. You see, Kayden is pretty fearless about most things. She faces new and exciting challenges head on. Thats what I love about her. So, the idea of 1st grade was not something she would back down from. A longer day, more recess, more homework, more expectations...more, more, more- Kayden would say "Bring it". Mom on the other hand, says" Slooowwww Down!" This is happening all too fast. Since Kaydes was a baby, she always seemed much older than she really was. Mature in so many ways. Something as a parent, I took pride in. Yet, here is a time in her life where she has a platform to get up and shine, to blossom into that beautiful little girl she has been waiting the last 6 and 1/2 years for.....STOP, I just want to freeze time. My baby is in 1st grade and there aint nothin' I can do about it.
After I picked her up, I secretly was wishing she would tell me it was hard, and too long and she wishes she could go back to Kindergarten. Because if I could freeze time, I think that is right where I would put her. But, instead with that contagious smile of hers and bright bluish green eyes, she said " 1st grade is waaaayyyy better than Kindergarten, Mom!" And skipped off ....Just like it was any 'ole day!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You are such an awesome and brave, Momma! Kayden is so much like you. She will do great where ever God has her and you will always be there to be her biggest fan!!